Page 1: Page 1
Sustainability Hub: Low Carbon Devon
The Sustainability Hub: Low Carbon Devon project (from now on called Low Carbon Devon) will provide an exciting new catalyst for low-carbon economic growth in Devon. Supported by an investment from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the approximately three year (£2.6m) programme, will support Devon-based organisations to access research, business support, and engage with the University of Plymouth around the low-carbon agenda.
The project will be delivered through four interlinked projects:
1. Sustainability Hub Refurbishment: a refurbished building that will provide a physical space where businesses, social enterprises and community groups can mix with researchers and students around the issue of sustainability.
2. Research and Innovation: Research, innovation and growth within the following sectors/specialisms in Devon:
- Green wall sector
- Power electronics (PV & LEDs)
- Creative industry sector
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings (Occupant Behaviour)
3. Carbon Reduction Project: To bring significant energy savings through delivering an LED lighting retrofit programme in University buildings, including introducing innovative technology within one of the buildings.
4. Knowledge Exchange:
- Knowledge Exchange Events: To hold knowledge exchange events.
- Low-carbon internships: To deliver short (1-3 month) research projects with our graduates/ students.
- Developing research collaborations: To deliver staff level research collaborations for developing new product/process ideas.
The Low Carbon Devon team are now in place and look forward to working with you over the next few years!
Please outline your interest in engaging with the project by filling in this questionnaire and a member of the team will be in touch with you to discuss further.