Page 1: Page 1
Sustainability Hub: Low Carbon Devon
The Sustainability Hub: Low Carbon Devon project (from now on called Low Carbon Devon) will provide an exciting new catalyst for low-carbon economic growth in Devon. Supported by an investment from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the approximately three year (£2.6m) programme, will support Devon-based organisations to access research, business support, and engage with the University of Plymouth around the low-carbon agenda.
The project will be delivered through four interlinked projects:
1. Sustainability Hub Refurbishment: a refurbished building that will provide a physical space where businesses, social enterprises and community groups can mix with researchers and students around the issue of sustainability.
2. Research and Innovation: Research, innovation and growth within the following sectors/specialisms in Devon:
- Green wall sector
- Power Electronics (PV & LEDs)
- Creative Industry sector
- Behaviour Change
3. Carbon Reduction Project: To bring significant energy savings through delivering an LED lighting retrofit programme in University buildings, including introducing innovative technology within one of the buildings.
4. Knowledge Exchange:
- Knowledge Exchange Events: To hold knowledge exchange events.
- Low-carbon internships: To deliver short (1-3 month) research projects with our graduates/ students.
- Developing research collaborations: To deliver staff level research collaborations for developing new product/process ideas.
Staff are being recruited and will be in place by Spring/Summer 2020.
In the meantime, we are asking organisations to outline their interest in engaging with the project by filling in this questionnaire.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to working with you over the next few years!