About this survey
Participant Information Sheet (Version 1.3 – 01/09/2020)
Project: A survey exploring wellbeing, healthcare and access to communities for autistic adults
We would like to invite you to take part in a survey as part of a PhD research project. Please read the following information carefully to decide if this research is suitable for you.
You can take part in this study if you are:
- An autistic adult over the age of 18, living in the UK.
- You can take part if you have a diagnosis of autism or if you suspect that you may be on the autism spectrum but do not have a formal diagnosis.
About the survey
- The survey is voluntary and it is up to you whether you wish to take part.
- The survey will take approximately 30-60 minutes to complete. You can also use the 'Finish later' option at any time to save your progress if you do not have time to complete the survey all at once.
- You will be asked some questions about yourself, your living arrangements, access to outdoor areas and healthcare, and emotional wellbeing. Questions will relate to different time points in the past year. Please answer these questions as best you can, but don’t worry if your memory is not completely accurate.
- The results will help to inform research about what contributes to good quality of life for autistic people and how barriers to accessing healthcare and communities can be reduced to support wellbeing.
- If you think you will need help completing the survey, or require a printable version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any disadvantages of taking part?
- You may not want to take part in this study if you are not comfortable answering brief questions about your emotional wellbeing, such as feelings related to anxiety and depression.
Click next to continue to information about survey ethics.